Tuesday, October 6, 2009

readings

"Me, Myself and Infastructure" was powerfully informative. I actually went on an emotional roller coaster while reading it, feeling extremely grateful to raise my awareness with real numbers and hard facts, to absolute depression thinking about how we have to respond to it on a computer, and finally,inspiration by the quote: "In the end, garbage is just a lack of imagination." I am amazed at the process of making ultrapure water. I have always felt our greatest concern on this planet is water. It's something I wish we could learn how to make. I think that anyone buying a computer, should read this. I was a bit disappointed in the fact that buybacks, in some cases, are limited only to companies. There is a very skewed logic in our system, that allows for enough cynicism that motivates me beyond my ability to articulate how I might execute that motivation. At times I feel overwhelmed by these facts and figures, and would like to choose, as most do, to allow this alarm to only make my reach for the blanket and press the snooze all the more sincere. However, it is like a nagging awareness that wakes you in the deepest slumber and follow you around every corner.Once you get on the path of truth, there is no turning back. I am just trying to bridge the gap between understanding and action.
As far as the Action Plan is concerned, are we the only ones reading them? I'm just sayin'.....

1 comment:

  1. and...I couldn't get a hold of a copy of "An Inconvenient Truth".

    ReplyDelete