Monday, October 19, 2009

for jennifer valdez

Transportation by the City of Albuquerque Climate action Plan (Aug.09) gives a working framework to reduce greenhouse emissions. I liked some of the alternatives to automobiles such as cycling networks, car-pooling, pedestrian trails, and transit systems. None of these alternatives would work for my family I have to drive my son to the East mountains for middle school, my daughter drives to Manzano each day while my boyfriend drives to the airport and I to UNM.. While I think that these ideas are great I don’t feel that they are realistic for the common family. I also liked the targets which include cycling networks but I feel that the city would have to work hard to make these safe to use. I have moved her e from Santa Fe where they also tried to incorporate these sort of trails. None of the trails were safe and often women were targeted on these trails. I feel that the transit system is helpful and I would use it if I lived closer to a bus stop. To be honest my family is from Albuquerque and I am positive that not one of them would give up their cars to reduce emissions gases. Nor, would they use any sort of alternative transit system. I just don’t feel that enough people are aware of the pollution problems and even if they knew they do not care. It is very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment