Tuesday, October 6, 2009

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Education comes at a cost. Technology is slated a “clean” industry however as it has grown we have seen the downside of this clean industry. Saving the planet will always take 2nd or 3rd or more place to the advancement of mankind. Making as many people aware that the planet is being affected due to man; scare tactics and yes scientific data; something is happening to the planet we are just not sure what it is. The change has had an affect, however, due to the damage placed upon the earth and the rape of its resources it is only a “band aid”. Our way of life has changed greatly in the past 50 years. At one time computers were going to be the savior of the trees. Yet at every turn I am filling in paper forms or printing a part of a book that I would have at one time borrowed from the library! Yes, I set at one of the items that has increases the pace of life now; my computer. A gateway to the world I inhabit at this time. The “small” things I can do; I am very aware that unless I can get others to participate . . . well it is like taking a small shovel to a big pile of>>>>. One thing I feel is that man will adapt, what is beauty to us now maybe nothing but trash to the people that come after us.
TRANSPORTATION
On to the transportation issues; does anybody in government read these things? I love the Rapid Ride unless I need to go to Montgomery and Juan Tabo. I drive my car to the closest parking lot I can find – passing several bus stops on the way to go to UNM! Bike to bus is limited as well. However, I should be a little more patient in this area, as Albuquerque has made great strides in public transit in the last two years andl we have voted to provide more money in this area as a city!

No comments:

Post a Comment