Monday, December 14, 2009

Sllllooooolow cities


Slow cities reading seemed to jump around. yes it is a good cause but the article was restless.
not slowly.
Yet.. the concept of enjoying each moment as it comes is not new.
Very much a part of Asian thought.

How did USA get so behind? That is what I don't get. It seems that life just kinda went on while this country was 'busy making other plans.'

I would like to live in a slow way. I feel guilty if I drive slowly and now perhaps I can change that around to being part of the neighborhood pace program.
I am grateful the movement is there. And yet, the comment inside the article is telling.. that cities who commit to being slow and who get added to the list fill up with tourists and become not slow.
This would seem true as I googled images and many of them turned up as tourist advertisements. It would seem that citta slow can be a double edged sword. But -I am encouraged that this movement is gaining momentum ..slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment