Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Response to "Cities"

The slow cities sound wonderful, almost like a fictional fairy tale compared with the constant go of my life. The descriptions of Bra remind me of the lifestyle in Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises." -A little too romantic? I hope to one day enjoy this lifestyle but even as I read this Im "multitasking" by assisting with a "see n' say." It seems as though city planners over here should read this, even a fake "village atmosphere" sounds great. Ugh cars! I'm must agree are horrible, I find myself to have a horrible temper as soon as I enter my car, its crazy! No where else do I get so angered or find myself against humanity than when it comes to driving. Even parking at my apartment is troublesome, I constantly hold grudges against my neighbors who can't park. That was a great read, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I long for a slower life, eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Victoria,

    I wish you a slower life for Solstice. I think children make us feel like we are constantly busy, but if you start to pay attention at their level, maybe we can slow down to at least enjoying. Cars are horrible, I agree. Every day I ride my bike I feel like holding up a sign saying "You are killing my planet." and then some days, I drive and I get everywhere faster.... but its not worth it...

    ReplyDelete